Wednesday 5 June 2013

A Sore Lip

Taking a grade 3 girl back to class after her lesson today.

Girl: Oh, my lip really hurts!
Me: Why does your lip hurt?
Girl: I accidentally stuck a pin in it.
Me [gasping in sympathetic pain and covering my mouth]: Ouch!  Why did you stick a pin in your lip?
Girl: I didn't mean to, it was an accident.
Me: What sort of pin are we talking about?  A sewing pin?
Girl: No, one of those- [starts making jabbing motions with her hand] those-
Me: That looks like a vicious sort of pin...
Girl [laughing]: No... Um... A...  Oh. One of those pins that you use on the board.  That sort of pin.
Me [making a face]: Oh... That's not the best thing to do with those pins, you know.
Girl [still laughing]: I know!  I don't like those pins very much any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment